Recipe by BakinBaby
Rumor has it, this is Pierce Brosnan's favorite penne. It comes from one of Pierce's favorite restaurants, II Ristorante di Giorgio Baldi in California. It has become a Watson favorite with a few of our personal changes. The recipe calls for porcini mushrooms, since I can't find them here, I use fresh portobello mushrooms. This is so simple, but so.... good.
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 4 portabella mushrooms (sliced thin-original recipe calls for porcini mushrooms)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1⁄3 cup Italian parsley (chopped)
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 2⁄3 cup white wine
- 2 cups tomatoes (chopped)
- 2 cups penne pasta (dry)
- 1⁄2 cup parmigiano-reggiano cheese (more for passing)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over med high heat; saute' sliced mushrooms with garlic and parsley.
- Add wine and let simmer until wine begins to evaporate ( about 5 min.), add tomatoes and cook another 8-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile boil penne until al dente', drain; Add to sauce, let cook about 2 minutes.
- Taste for seasoning; add salt and fresh ground pepper to taste; right before serving add parmiginao cheese; toss to blend together.
- Place on serving dishes, and offer extra parmigiano cheese as desired.