Prep 7 mins
Cook 10 mins
Rumor has it, this is Pierce Brosnan's favorite penne. It comes from one of Pierce's favorite restaurants, II Ristorante di Giorgio Baldi in California. It has become a Watson favorite with a few of our personal changes. The recipe calls for porcini mushrooms, since I can't find them here, I use fresh portobello mushrooms. This is so simple, but so.... good.
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 4 portabella mushrooms (sliced thin-original recipe calls for porcini mushrooms)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1⁄3 cup Italian parsley (chopped)
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 2⁄3 cup white wine
- 2 cups tomatoes (chopped)
- 2 cups penne pasta (dry)
- 1⁄2 cup parmigiano-reggiano cheese (more for passing)
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over med high heat; saute' sliced mushrooms with garlic and parsley.
- Add wine and let simmer until wine begins to evaporate ( about 5 min.), add tomatoes and cook another 8-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile boil penne until al dente', drain; Add to sauce, let cook about 2 minutes.
- Taste for seasoning; add salt and fresh ground pepper to taste; right before serving add parmiginao cheese; toss to blend together.
- Place on serving dishes, and offer extra parmigiano cheese as desired.
This was a quick and delicous lunch, simple flavors that go well together. Made as written except for increasing the garlic. Made for ZWT 7 by a Food.commando
This was a very tasty dish that was quick and easy to put together. The portabella mushrooms were meaty and hearty, which gave the dish a nice depth of flavor. I will be making this again. Thanks for posting this. Made for Newest Zaar Tag Game.