1/1 Photo of Pierce Brosnan's Penne Pasta
Rumor has it, this is Pierce Brosnan's favorite penne. It comes from one of Pierce's favorite restaurants, II Ristorante di Giorgio Baldi in California. It has become a Watson favorite with a few of our personal changes. The recipe calls for porcini mushrooms, since I can't find them here, I use fresh portobello mushrooms. This is so simple, but so.... good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 portabella mushrooms (sliced thin-original recipe calls for porcini mushrooms)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1/3 cup Italian parsley (chopped)
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 2/3 cup white wine
- 2 cups tomatoes (chopped)
- 2 cups penne pasta (dry)
- 1/2 cup parmigiano-reggiano cheese (more for passing)
- 1Heat olive oil in large skillet over med high heat; saute' sliced mushrooms with garlic and parsley.
- 2Add wine and let simmer until wine begins to evaporate ( about 5 min.), add tomatoes and cook another 8-10 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile boil penne until al dente', drain; Add to sauce, let cook about 2 minutes.
- 4Taste for seasoning; add salt and fresh ground pepper to taste; right before serving add parmiginao cheese; toss to blend together.
- 5Place on serving dishes, and offer extra parmigiano cheese as desired.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pierce Brosnan's Penne Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (309 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 538.4
- Calories from Fat 282
- Total Fat 31.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 7.2 mg
- Sodium 188.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.1 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 10.5 g