Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is our families favorite sauce for pulled pork--enjoy.
Make and share this Piedmont Style Sauce for Pulled Pork Sandwiches recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 onion, chopped fine
- 3 -5 garlic cloves, minced (use 5 if you love garlic)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 tablespoons dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon cayenne (or one fresh one cut into ringlets)
- salt and pepper
- Place the onions and garlic in a medium sauce pan, cook 2-3 minutes.
- Add all other ingredients and simmer 20 minutes.
- Add to your pork meat after it has been shredded and stir till all meat is coated.
- Servings are approx as it depends how much it cooks down.