Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is our families favorite sauce for pulled pork--enjoy.
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 onion, chopped fine
- 3 -5 garlic cloves, minced (use 5 if you love garlic)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 tablespoons dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon cayenne (or one fresh one cut into ringlets)
- salt and pepper
- Place the onions and garlic in a medium sauce pan, cook 2-3 minutes.
- Add all other ingredients and simmer 20 minutes.
- Add to your pork meat after it has been shredded and stir till all meat is coated.
- Servings are approx as it depends how much it cooks down.
This was very good! I will use again. Only thing was it wasn't enough for the amount of pulled pork I had. My fault, I could have doubled it if I had enough vinegar and dry mustard. The reason I tried this recipe was because I had enough vinegar and dry mustard and all of the other ingredients listed. The only thing I did different was to cook the onions and garlic in a little oil to keep it from burning.
Used this sauce recipe after baking my pork roast with the rub in Mean Chef's Pulled Pork #26257. We very much enjoyed these sandwiches with Red Green Slaw for Pulled Pork Sandwiches #19623. Thank-you for sharing this with us.