Recipe by Allyoop
This is so simple but so delishious. It fills the house with a wonderful aroma. A good focaccia loaf is essential to sop up the juices.
Top Review by Garlic Chick
This recipe received 5 stars from both my husband and myself. The directions mention the tomatoes being peeled but not the ingredients; I made sure to peel them. Also, I pressed (not sliced) one garlic clove into each pepper, so a little more than listed. I cooked it over an hour because we like the peppers soft. This turned out just delicious, not too salty. I will definitely make this again. Thanks for a wonderful side dish, Allyoop!
- 4 large red peppers, green is not suitable for this dish
- 4 medium tomatoes
- 8 anchovy fillets, drained and minced
- 8 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the peppers in half and remove seeds and ribs, but leave the stalks intact for presentation purposes.
- Place the peppers in a lighly oiled roasting pan. (use a good solid shallow roasting pan).
- Cut the peeled tomatoes in quarters and place in peppers.
- Divide the anchovies among the 4 peppers.
- Thinly slice garlic and divide between the peppers.
- Drizzle the olive oil onto each pepper.
- Season with freshly ground pepper. (no salt).
- Roast peppers on the highest shelf of a 350 degree oven for 50 minutes to 1 hour.