Recipe by Shirl (J) 831
My sister gave me this recipe some yrs ago. She serves it often for company.
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup rice, not instant
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 cup coarse chopped pecans
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄2 red pepper, diced
- 1 cup baby peas, frozen
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 2 teaspoons sherry extract
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- In pan, bring chicken broth to a boil.
- Stir in rice, reduce heat to simmer and cook 20 minutes.
- While rice is cooking, melt margarine in pan.
- Add pecans and toss for 2 minutes.
- Add scallions, mushrooms and pepper.
- Saute 3 minutes.
- Add cooked rice along with remaining ingredients.
- Toss to blend and serve.