Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
One of my flat mates is gluten free, so this recipe is fantastic for her. but its so good I'd have it over a normal pie any day! The original recipe calls for lamb mince, which does give it a really nice flavour, however due to being poor students we usually use beef mince and it tastes just fine.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 onions, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 500 g mincemeat
- 40 g carrots, grated
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 400 g chopped tomatoes
- 250 ml beef stock
- 3 eggs
- 200 g unsweetened plain yogurt
- 100 g tasty cheese, grated
- Sweat off onions and garlic in oil untill soft.
- Add mince and allow to brown.
- Add carrot, cinnamon, tomatoes and stock, bring to the boil.
- Mix eggs, yogurt and cheese in a bowl.
- Put meat mix in an oven proof casserole dish, top with yogurt mix and top with extra cheese if you wish.
- Bake at 180°C for about 20 minutes or until topping is set and golden brown.
- Fantastic by itself with a salad or some fresh bread to mop up the juices.