Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a great topping for store-bought pies of any kind to bring it over the top. Try it on your homemade (pre cooked) pies too. I've never used it on a crustless pie but I suspect it would work just as well.
- 1⁄2 cup unsifted flour
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 -4 tablespoons butter (melted)
- Mix together the dry ingredients making sure it's all combined.
- Add the butter until it becomes crumbly.
- Place it on top of the pie and, with the tines of a fork, spread it over the entire top of the pie.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes (keeping an eye on it so it doesn't burn).
I used this instead of a top crust on an apple-cranberry pie. It was very simply and very good. I don't really care for pie crust so I loved this as an alternative!