Recipe by dojemi
These have got to be the cutest little bite-size pie pops......and delicious too. Courtesy of Leanne. Servings are approximate depending on the size of the cookie cutter you use.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 10 tablespoons cold butter, cut into pieces
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup sugar (could be reduced to 1/4 cup)
- jam, jelly (or preserve of your choice)
- lollipop sticks
- 1 egg white
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Mix the flour and salt together in a large bowl.
- 2. Cut in the butter, and pinch with the fingers to make fine crumbs.
- 3. Make a well in the middle. Stir together egg and sugar, and pour into the well.
- 4. Swiftly mix in with the fingertips until the mixture forms a dough. Do not overmix.
- 5. Divide into 2 disks, wrap in plastic, and chill in fridge for at least an hour.
- 6. Preheat oven to 425F and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 7. Roll out pie crust until 1/8th of an inch or so thick.
- 8. Use a 1 1/2 to 2 inch cookie cutter to cut out shapes. A round shape (such as a flower) works very well.
- 9. Place cut-out dough on cookie sheet, and press in lollipop stick.
- 10. Spoon 2 teaspoons of jam in to centre and place another cut-out on top.
- 11. Press together edges with fork or another lollipop stick.
- 12. Coat with egg white.
- 13. Bake for 10-12 minutes, until golden brown.