Prep 45 mins
Cook 40 mins
This recipe came from a friend of my Grandmothers.
Make and share this Pie Plant Pie Aka Rhubarb Pie recipe from Food.com.
- Wash rhubarb stalks and cut into 1" pieces.
- Pour boiling water over stalks let stand 10 minutes and then drain.
- Dredge rhubarb lightly in flour.
- Put rhubarb, sugar and top with butter into already prepared crust add top crust and cut slits for steam escape.
- Cook on 400 degrees F. for 10 minutes and then turn oven down to 325 degrees until done.
This was very good and also made one with splenda for dh. thanks
Very easy to make and it was delicious.I used frozen rhubarb,heated them up with the juice,poured them in a bowl,added the flour and splenda and little bits of the butter and poured it in the crust.It was perfect.If I had poured the juice out I feel the pie would have been too dry.