1/3 Photos of Pie Filling from Frozen Sweet Cherries
1 hr 15 mins
This recipe is from an old cookbook from about 1960. You can add almond extract or Kirsch to the filling if you like almond flavoring. I usually add about a tablespoon of Kirsch. This makes 2- 9" pies. You could half the recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Reserve about 1/2 cup juice and mix the cornstarch in it.(4-5 tbsp, depending on how thick you like your filling)
- 2Mix sugar with cherries and juices and cook till bubbling.
- 3Stir constantly if cooking on stove stop.
- 4In the microwave I cook at 5 minute intervals and stir in between.
- 5Add the reserved juice/cornstarch mixture and stir to mix.
- 6Cook for about 3 minutes until thickened.
- 7Cool and use in your favorite pie crust.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pie Filling from Frozen Sweet Cherries
Serving Size: 1 (1717 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 949.3
- Calories from Fat 9
- Total Fat 1.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 155.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 239.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 16.5 g
- Sugars 207.7 g
- Protein 9.0 g