Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Using a no fail pie recipe, my MIL said the kids fought more for these "leftover" cookies than the pies!
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup shortening
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 5 tablespoons cold water
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon-sugar mixture
- Cut together flour, shortening and salt until it resembles small peas.
- Combine the egg, water and vinegar and gradually add to flour mixture.
- Stir just until moistened and a soft dough forms.
- Divide into 2 disks.
- Wrap and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Roll out with cookie cutters, put on a cookie sheet, sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mix.
- Bake for 10 min at 375 degrees.
I love pie dough cookies. This recipe was so easy to make and lots of fun to eat. I also used this recipe to make homemade Chicken Pot Pies. Thanks to this recipe they were WONDERFUL! Thanks for sharing.