Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
From the In Search Of The Lost Taste cookbook. This pie crust is a basic crust for every crust in this cookbook.
- 1 tablespoon sugar (leave out for the savory dishes)
- 1 1⁄4 cups presifted flour
- 3 pinches salt
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 3 -4 tablespoons cold water
- Mix together 1 1/4 cup flour with salt and tablespoon sugar.
- Cut in the 1/2 cup margarine until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add water by the tablespoon (about 3 or 4), mixing in to make a good pie crust dough, and form into a ball.
- Chill for a bit if you wish before rolling it out.
- Make a double batch to be on the safe side. It's always good to have a bit laying around.