Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is not a terribly cheap recipe or a terribly healthy one so it seems a bit out of character for me! But it was created when I needed something for dinner immediately and this is what I had on hand. The kids loved it!
- 2 pre made pie crusts (packaged)
- 1 -2 cup spaghetti sauce
- 1 -2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 mushrooms, sliced (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup cooked chicken, cubed (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 425.
- Unroll one of the pizza crusts onto a cutting board.
- Cut it in half.
- On one part of the crust put enough sauce to your liking and to cover most of the crust, leaving a ring around the sides uncovered.
- Add cheese to taste and toppings, but not so much that you cannot close the crust.
- Fold the crust in half and seal with a fork.
- Repeat with the other 3 halves of crust.
- Bake at 425 for 10-15 minutes or until the crust is flaky and done.
- Let cool a bit and serve.
Do you mean pie crust as in a crust for a pie, or as in a whole pizza crust? Because you've referred to it as both a pie crust and a pizza crust.
These were very good. I filled them with pepperoni instead of chicken. It was easy and fast to make and that's always great!
These are really good! actually they are like calzone, only these are made with a pie crust. I did increase the chicken, and used more than 2 cups mozza cheese. thanks ladypit, my DS enjoyed these!...Kitten:)