Recipe by Marie
This recipe brings back memories. When my children were small, I used to bake the leftover pie crust scraps sprinkled with cinnamon sugar and they were as much a treat as the pie itself. Use refrigerated pie crust or make your own for these delightful pastries. These are quick to make and so good!
- 1 refrigerated pie crust (or make your own single crust recipe)
- 6 tablespoons softened butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, crushed or 1⁄2 cup apricot jam or 1⁄2 cup raspberry jam, for filling
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400° and grease a cookie sheet.
- Cut the pie crust circle in half.
- Spread half the crust with butter, then sprinkle with brown sugar and nuts.
- Roll up, starting with the rounded edge of the crust and roll to the straight cut edge.
- Cut into 1/4" slices and place on baking sheet.
- Repeat with the other half circle of crust.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until brown.
- Note: Can spread pie crust with apricot or raspberry jam instead of brown sugar filling and bake as directed.