Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I use this for all one crust pies, e.g. pumpkin, pecan, etc. It stays crisp on the bottom. You must use butter because margarine does not work well and gives a rubbery crust. I think it came out of a Gourmet magazine many years ago. Should be chilled at least 2 hrs. after mixing.
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons cold butter
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 -4 tablespoons ice water
- Sift flour and salt.
- Cut butter and shortening into small bits and blend in with a pastry blender.
- Add water a teaspoon at a time.
- Knead lightly just to make smooth.