Recipe by Aroostook
Never fails. Great for making pies to put in the freezer. For frozen chicken pies, freeze filling first, then add crust. Cover and return to freezer.
Top Review by spatchcock
Barbara, Fantastic crust! Thanks for posting it in Talk when I was so desperate! I ended up freezing it as you suggested but I ended up baking it saturday (before the lunch) and using something else for dessert that day. Our guests loved your pie recipe. Thanks so much!!
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix first three ingredients until the texture resembles corn meal.
- Beat one egg in a 1 cup measuring cup.
- Fill cup with water to make 1 full cup.
- Mix well, chill for 15 minutes.
- Divide dough 5 ways.
- Roll out the number of crusts you want to use on floured surface.
- Place remaining dough and a bit of flour in individual gallon ziplock bags.
- Roll out dough while it is in the bag and freeze.
- You now have extra crust waiting for you!