Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Never fails. Great for making pies to put in the freezer. For frozen chicken pies, freeze filling first, then add crust. Cover and return to freezer.
- Mix first three ingredients until the texture resembles corn meal.
- Beat one egg in a 1 cup measuring cup.
- Fill cup with water to make 1 full cup.
- Mix well, chill for 15 minutes.
- Divide dough 5 ways.
- Roll out the number of crusts you want to use on floured surface.
- Place remaining dough and a bit of flour in individual gallon ziplock bags.
- Roll out dough while it is in the bag and freeze.
- You now have extra crust waiting for you!
Barbara, Fantastic crust! Thanks for posting it in Talk when I was so desperate! I ended up freezing it as you suggested but I ended up baking it saturday (before the lunch) and using something else for dessert that day. Our guests loved your pie recipe. Thanks so much!!
This is a never-fail crust...great for beginners!