Recipe by BeckyF
This pie crust is from an Amish cookbook. The baking time depends on what you are doing with them.
- 4 cups flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 egg, beaten
- 5 tablespoons cold water
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix flour and salt.
- Cut in shortening until mixture resembles small peas.
- Combine remaining ingredients and stir into shortening and flour.
- Let stand a few minutes.
- Roll out dough on floured board.
- Makes (6) 9 inch shells or (3) 9 inch double-crust pies.