Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I found this recipe on Culinary Concoctions by Peabody. I have used it many times and love it.
- 1 1⁄2 cups sifted flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup shortening
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- Combine flour and salt in bowl.
- Add shortening or butter and blend with fork, pastry cutter or your fingers until mixture is fairly coarse.
- Add water, 1 tablespoon at a time, gently mixing dough after each addition until dough forms a ball.
- Place dough on a lightly floured surface and roll out for desired use.
- Note: Dough can also be prepared in food processor. Use the pulse button just until it starts to pull away from the sides.
- Be very careful not to overwork the dough.