Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
My mother made this for me when I was a kid and it's just great. She's had this recipe forever and still makes it today. If you like hot dogs, then you're gonna love this! : ) We serve it with hot corn or string beans on the side. You may also use seasoned ground beef instead of hot dogs, if you wish.
- 2 (8 ounce) canspillsbury refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) package hot dogs, sliced
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper, if desired
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Unroll one of the crescent dough tubes and separate triangles.
- In a 9-inch pie plate, press pieces together to form a crust.
- In a mixing bowl, combine sliced hot dogs, 2 eggs, mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese and black pepper, if desired.
- Pour into crust.
- Unroll the second crescent dough tube and cut into long strips.
- Crisscross strips to form a lattice top; flute edges.
- Bake uncovered, 30-45 minutes, or until knife inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes.
This was very good I used a frozen pie crust and it worked great. thanks
This was ok. My girls liked it better with mustard.