Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is from menus4moms.com and I wanted to post it for safe keeping! :) I plan on using cooked Italian sausage and maybe mozzarella instead of smoked sausage and jack, to really make it Italian.
- 1 (8 ounce) can crescent rolls
- 8 ounces monterey jack cheese, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 12 ounces smoked sausage, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- Unroll crescent rolls and separate into 8 triangles.
- Place 5 triangles in ungreased 9 inch pie pan pressing pieces together to form a crust.
- Reserve 3 triangles for top crust.
- Combine remaining ingredients in large mixing bowl & pour into crust.
- Roll out each remaining triangle so longest side is 9 inches & cut into ½ inch strips. Crisscross strips over filling to form a lattice top & flute edge.
- Bake at 325 for 60 to 70 minutes or until knife inserted 2 inches from edge comes out clean (Do not overbake).
- Cool 10 minutes before cutting in wedges.
This was a hit at our house last night. I used colby/jack cheese since that's what I had and added 1 tablespoon of dijon mustard to the mix. My oven runs a little hot so I only cooked for 45 min and it came out perfect. We will be making this again!
This was really good! I used vegetarian smoked sausage(Boca) and mozzerella cheese. We enjoyed it. Thanks!