4 hrs 45 mins
4 hrs 30 mins
I attempted to put on a good brown sauce for PCP.. with about 50/50 great vs horrible reviews. Since some people have had great luck with it, as have I, I can only assume the others were doing something wrong in the execution. I read that I cannot remove the recipe, so I'm just cancelling my account. If you have any more hatemail for me because YOUR sauce didn't turn out.. I will not be able to receive it. Best of luck to those who DO know how to cook and enjoy the sauce :) ... S
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 (28 ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
- 1 (12 ounce) can tomato paste
- 8 celery ribs, diced
- 5 -6 medium onions, diced
- 2 cups mushrooms, coarsely chopped (optional)
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/4 cup salt
- 1/2 cup black pepper
- 1 cup dried oregano (flakes)
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups canola oil
- 2 cups flour
- 1Saute onions, celery, and salt until transparent.
- 2Combine in a large pot with tomatoes, tomato paste, mushrooms, and garlic.
- 3Bring to a boil, then simmer for 4 hours.
- 4Add pepper, oregano, and broth: simmer about 15 minutes.
- 5Add flour and oil. It's like making gravy -- start with 2 cups of each, blend well (I use a big whisk). Depending on how thick you like your sauce, you MAY NEED TO ADD MORE of either. Additional chicken broth may also be used if you would like to thin the sauce.
- 6Ready to use, jar, or freeze.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pictou County Pizza Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (365 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 413.0
- Calories from Fat 256
- Total Fat 28.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2227.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.2 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 7.4 g