Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Try this spicy and different bean dish with some hot rice for a great, no fuss supper.
- 1 (15 ounce) can yellow hominy
- 2 (15 ounce) cans pinto beans
- 1 tomatoes, diced small
- 1⁄4 cup onion, diced small
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup minced fresh jalapeno pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Rinse and drain hominy and beans.
- In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients and heat throughly.
"Yummo" This was such an easy, and quite substantial, to do meal! I put it all in my mini-crock on low in the am for our lunch and it worked out perfectly! I did use white hominy only because I had it on hand and extra chili powder (preference thing). Topped it with sharp cheddar..."Mm, mm, mm"... I'll be making this again ~ Thanks so much for sharing Geema!
Definitely delicious and no-fuss. Healthy, too. My type of meal! Served over jasmine rice and sprinkled a little grated cheddar on top. I halved this, as I was only serving 2. We'll have this again! Thanks for the great recipe!