Recipe by neneculler
This is a recipe from my grandmother. There isn't much difference in pico de gallo recipes but this one adds a great flavor when you add the cactus. The cactus can be located in the mexican food isle. My friends really enjoy the recipe. I hope you enjoy.
Top Review by rosslare
Excellente, and oh, so exotic for us who never imagined cactuses could be eaten. Getting used to the slime cactus pads create, as a matter of fact, the slime enhances the texture of this particular recipe, makes it easy to scoop up with a tortilla chip! I did add a little limejuice to sharpen up the flavor.
- 4 ripe tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 small white onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro leaf, chopped (or more to taste!)
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped (to taste)
- 3 -4 stalks cactus pieces