Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Our favorite restaurant makes the best Pico de Gallo we've ever tasted. It tastes just like this one, very fresh and fantastic with any Mexican dish.
- 1 head cabbage
- 1 large red onion
- 5 ripe tomatoes
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 4 limes
- 1⁄4 cup sliced pickled jalapeno pepper
- 2 tablespoons jalapeno juice, from pickled jalapeno peppers
- 2 -3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Shred with food processor cabbage and red onion into large bowl. Add: Chopped tomatoes, juice of limes and chopped up leaves from cilantro. Add remaining ingredients and stir. Can be stored in refrigerator for several days. Stir before serving.
Excellent recipe! All my guests loved it. I made it without tomatoes and it was wonderful!
This was wonderful! Since I've moved to England it's been very difficult finding good Mexican food, so I have been experimenting with all different types of recipes! My favorite mexican restaurant in Seattle, Jalisco's, served something similar to this so I decided to give it a go! Was so very happy when it was spot on! The only thing I would probably change next time is to omit the Red Wine Vinegar as it changed the color of the cabbage and just stick to the lime juice.