1/1 Photo of Pico De Gallo Seared Ahi
Tender tuna steak with roma tomatoes. Taken from "Eating for Life" by Bill Phillips. Very easy and healthy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium bowl, combine tomatoes, green onions, lime juice, jalapeno and cilantro to make"Pico de Gallo" Cover and refrigerate to let flavors blend.
- 2Preheat a large skillet over high heat.
- 3Brush both sides of tuna with olive oil and season one side with black pepper.
- 4Add steaks to hot skillet, pepper side down.
- 5Sear for 2 minutes, then turn steak over and reduce heat to medium.
- 6Loosely cover skillet with foil and allow steaks to cook 5 minutes for rare, 7 minutes for medium.
- 7Serve on top of brown rice and spoon Pico de Gallo over each piece of tuna.
- 8Squeeze fresh lemon over the top and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Tuna Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pico De Gallo Seared Ahi
Serving Size: 1 (363 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 352.2
- Calories from Fat 140
- Total Fat 15.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 64.6 mg
- Sodium 77.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 41.9 g