Tender tuna steak with roma tomatoes. Taken from "Eating for Life" by Bill Phillips. Very easy and healthy.
- In a medium bowl, combine tomatoes, green onions, lime juice, jalapeno and cilantro to make"Pico de Gallo" Cover and refrigerate to let flavors blend.
- Preheat a large skillet over high heat.
- Brush both sides of tuna with olive oil and season one side with black pepper.
- Add steaks to hot skillet, pepper side down.
- Sear for 2 minutes, then turn steak over and reduce heat to medium.
- Loosely cover skillet with foil and allow steaks to cook 5 minutes for rare, 7 minutes for medium.
- Serve on top of brown rice and spoon Pico de Gallo over each piece of tuna.
- Squeeze fresh lemon over the top and enjoy!