Recipe by LatinaAtHeart
This is an awesome, fresh, healty mixture that is really diverse. I use it on grilled skirt steak or chicken tacos, I use it as a salsa for chips, and/or I add shrimp and serve it like ceviche. This is my default summer dish since it's so healthy and I almost always have the ingredients on hand. I served it at a party recently with shrimp in it and everyone loved it! Note: The amounts below are what I find to be a good balance of flavors, they don't need to be exactly these amounts.
- 4 roma tomatoes or 2 large tomatoes, seeded, chopped
- 2 avocados, pitted, peeled, chopped
- 1⁄2 white onion, chopped
- 2 jalapenos, seeded, chopped into small pieces (You could use 1, I prefer 2 for the spice)
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, large stems removed, chopped
- 1 lime
- salt (I prefer kosher salt)
- 1⁄2 lb cooked shrimp, tail-off, shelled, deveined, cut into approximately 1/2 inch size pieces (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all vegetables in a bowl.
- Squeeze juice from lime into bowl with vegetables, stir.
- Add salt to taste.
- If adding shrimp, add to bowl once shrimp is thawed(if frozen)and chopped.
- Note: For larger shrimp I usually cut them into thirds, for smaller shrimp I usually cut them in half.