This is an awesome, fresh, healty mixture that is really diverse. I use it on grilled skirt steak or chicken tacos, I use it as a salsa for chips, and/or I add shrimp and serve it like ceviche. This is my default summer dish since it's so healthy and I almost always have the ingredients on hand. I served it at a party recently with shrimp in it and everyone loved it! Note: The amounts below are what I find to be a good balance of flavors, they don't need to be exactly these amounts.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 roma tomatoes or 2 large tomatoes, seeded, chopped
- 2 avocados, pitted, peeled, chopped
- 1/2 white onion, chopped
- 2 jalapenos, seeded, chopped into small pieces (You could use 1, I prefer 2 for the spice)
- 1/2 cup cilantro, large stems removed, chopped
- 1 lime
- salt (I prefer kosher salt)
- 1/2 lb cooked shrimp, tail-off, shelled, deveined, cut into approximately 1/2 inch size pieces (optional)
- 1Combine all vegetables in a bowl.
- 2Squeeze juice from lime into bowl with vegetables, stir.
- 3Add salt to taste.
- 4If adding shrimp, add to bowl once shrimp is thawed(if frozen)and chopped.
- 5Note: For larger shrimp I usually cut them into thirds, for smaller shrimp I usually cut them in half.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pico De Gallo...salsa...ceviche...call It What You Will.
Serving Size: 1 (172 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 123.5
- Calories from Fat 89
- Total Fat 9.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 7.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 1.9 g