Prep 5 mins
Cook 18 mins
Rachel Ray's. Sounds great. Served with her Margarita Fish Soft Tacos. From 30 minute meals.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup orzo pasta
- 1 cup white rice
- 2 cups chicken broth (or vegetable broth )
- 4 plum tomatoes (halved, seeded and finely chopped )
- 1 onion (small red or white, finely chopped )
- 1 jalapeno pepper (seeded and finely chopped )
- cilantro leaf (A handful finely chopped )
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- Heat the extra-virgin olive oil in a sauce pot over medium heat. Add the orzo and toast until deep golden. Stir in the rice and broth and bring to boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover the pot and simmer for 17 to 18 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the tomatoes, onions, jalapeno, cilantro, and lime zest and juice. Season with salt, to taste.
- When rice is cooked, fluff with fork and stir in the salsa. Transfer to a serving bowl and serve.