Recipe by cuteandbublee
I love pico de gallo and this recipe is perfect note: i love cilantro. If you don't love it and just like it reduce the amount by 1/2.
Top Review by Brooke the Cook in WI
This is a wonderful pico! Just the right amount of jalapeno's - I like mine on the spicy side. Don't omit the cilantro it really makes this pico work! I did serve with baked tortilla chips after chilling for a couple of hours to let the flavors mingle a bit. Made for PAC Spring 2008.
- 4 regular us tomatoes
- 1 medium white onion
- 3 jalapeno peppers (i like to include the seeds but you can omit seeds)
- 1 bunch cilantro (can be reduced by 1/2)
- 1 -2 tablespoon salt
- 2 -3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 -2 tablespoon garlic salt (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Use a deep dish Tupperware ( I use the large ziploc variety)
- Dice tomatoes in fairly small squares and add to Tupperware.
- Mince or coarsely chop cilantro and add to Tupperware.
- Mince jalapeno peppers and add to dish
- Dice white onion and add to dish.
- Now add lemon juice (I usually add up to 5 tbsp enough to coat entire dish).
- Add either garlic salt or regular salt and coat all ingredients.