Recipe by Chef Sandrine
my dad got this from a friend of his who was from mexico. easy to make, no cooking involved, just a lot of chopping. it tastes amazing and the ingredients are unique
- 2 tomatoes, for slicing
- 2 green bell peppers
- 1 (8 ounce) package monterey jack cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package cheddar cheese (optional)
- 1⁄2 of an onion
- 2 jalapeno peppers
- 1 serrano pepper (optional)
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 2 lemons, juice of
Directions See How It's Made
- About the ingredients:.
- --for the CHEDDAR CHEESE- extra, medium, or mild sharpness doesn't matter, which ever the cook prefers.
- --the SERRANO PEPPER is good to use if you want the recipe to be really spicy.
- --for the LEMON JUICE you can use the kind you buy in the bottle or the real thing.
- -Finely chop all of the ingredients except the cilantro(a blender is NOT a good idea for this recipe).
- -Mix the ingredients together.
- -Then add the lemon juice to the mix.
- -Stir the ingredients so that they are evenly mixed.
- -Finally, chop up the cilantro and stir the pieces into the mix.
- -Now you are ready to serve this recipe as a dip for tortilla chips (the final result should keep the ingredients in their solid, chopped forms, so it is not mushy or liquidy like most dips or like salsa).
- -Store in the refrigerator.
- -Keeps for several days.