Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
Flour tortillas filled with chicken breast, onions, peppers, pico de gallo and Monterey Jack cheese.
- 1 tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄2 onion, finely chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast half, cut into strips
- 1⁄4 onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 12-inch flour tortillas
- 2 ounces shredded monterey jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons sour cream, for topping
- In a small bowl, combine the tomato, chopped onion, lime juice, cilantro, jalapeno, salt and pepper.
- Set the pico de gallo aside.
- 2 In a large skillet, heat 1/2 tablespoon olive oil.
- Add the chicken breast meat, and saute until cooked through and juices run clear.
- Remove chicken from skillet, and set aside.
- 3 Put the remaining 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil in the hot skillet and saute the sliced onion and green pepper until tender.
- Stir in the minced garlic, and saute until the aroma is strong.
- Finally, mix in half of the pico de gallo and the previously sauteed chicken breast meat.
- Set this mixture aside; keep warm.
- 4 In a heavy skillet, heat one flour tortilla.
- Spread 1/2 of the shredded cheese on the tortilla, and top with the chicken mixture.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese over the chicken, and top with the remaining tortilla.
- Flip, and cook on the opposite side.
- Remove quesadilla from skillet, and cut into quarters.
- Serve with sour cream and remaining pico de gallo.
We really enjoy this recipe! While I found it originally on another site, I'm so glad it's here. I did make a couple of changes ~ I hate cilantro so I subbed fresh parsley, I used diced jalapenos from a jar, and bought and used a package of grilled chicken strips that I warmed up; everything else was the same. All my changes worked great and I would stick with them in the future. These quesadillas have great flavor and are great for lunch or dinner. Thanks for posting ~ I'll be using this recipe over and over!
Excellent! My sister made these for Cinco de mayo and everyone enjoyed them.
These quesadillas were definitely Outstanding! I did change a few things. Instead of chopping all the veggies by hand, I put all the salsa ingredients into a food processor- Done in a minute! For the chicken I used; Lime Chicken soft taco Lime Chicken Soft Tacos. Awesome flavor! Then on the griddle I folded each individual tortilla in half while cooking- easier to flip. Made for cinco de mayo. Everyone loved them!