1/2 Photos of Pico de Gallo Chicken Quesadillas
Flour tortillas filled with chicken breast, onions, peppers, pico de gallo and Monterey Jack cheese.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast half, cut into strips
- 1/4 onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 12-inch flour tortillas
- 2 ounces shredded monterey jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons sour cream, for topping
- 1In a small bowl, combine the tomato, chopped onion, lime juice, cilantro, jalapeno, salt and pepper.
- 2Set the pico de gallo aside.
- 32 In a large skillet, heat 1/2 tablespoon olive oil.
- 4Add the chicken breast meat, and saute until cooked through and juices run clear.
- 5Remove chicken from skillet, and set aside.
- 63 Put the remaining 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil in the hot skillet and saute the sliced onion and green pepper until tender.
- 7Stir in the minced garlic, and saute until the aroma is strong.
- 8Finally, mix in half of the pico de gallo and the previously sauteed chicken breast meat.
- 9Set this mixture aside; keep warm.
- 104 In a heavy skillet, heat one flour tortilla.
- 11Spread 1/2 of the shredded cheese on the tortilla, and top with the chicken mixture.
- 12Sprinkle remaining cheese over the chicken, and top with the remaining tortilla.
- 13Flip, and cook on the opposite side.
- 14Remove quesadilla from skillet, and cut into quarters.
- 15Serve with sour cream and remaining pico de gallo.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pico de Gallo Chicken Quesadillas
Serving Size: 1 (197 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 332.5
- Calories from Fat 130
- Total Fat 14.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 35.4 mg
- Sodium 485.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 15.6 g