Recipe by K Conway2
This is my version of a chicken dish that I order at a local Mexican restaurant. The Restaurant grills the chicken, but it comes out more moist if it's baked. Serve it with Spanish rice and beans - it's good!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 6 ounces pico de gallo (I buy it already made in the produce section)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 limes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 4 -8 slices monterey jack cheese (I prefer 2 slices per chicken breast)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the chicken breasts in a baking dish.
- Rub the chicken with the olive oil, add three quarters of the pico de gallo and the juice from 2 limes.
- Evenly sprinkle the cumin, salt and pepper over the chicken.
- Bake at 350 degrees 35-40 minutes or until done.
- Remove the chicken from the oven (you might want to drain it a little) and place 1 or 2 slices of Monterey Jack Cheese over each chicken breast.
- Put the chicken back in the oven for 3-4 minutes to melt the cheese.
- When the chicken is done, garnish with the remaining pico de gallo and serve!