Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Pico de Gallo is Spanish for rooster's beak. The tradition is that it got it's name from the size of the diced up vegetables.
- 3 roma tomatoes
- 1⁄2 medium onion
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 2 limes or 2 lemons
- 6 serrano peppers or 6 jalapeno peppers
- Wash the ingredients well, especially the cilantro.
- Finely dice the tomatoes, onions, chilies and cilantro. Add ingredients to bowl.
- Squeeze in plenty of lime juice.
- Add salt to taste.
- Mix and let marinate for at least 5 minutes before serving.
Great combination of flavors. I didn't use any hot peppers by personal choice. Love how easy this is to make. Made for PAC Spring 2014.