Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This version is from Pati Jinich of Pati's Mexican Table on PBS.
- 1 lb tomatoes, cored seeded and chopped (about 3 cups)
- 1⁄2 cup white onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno peppers (more to taste, seeding is optional) or 1 serrano chili, finely chopped (more to taste, seeding is optional)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, rinsed drained lower part of the stems removed roughly chopped
- 2 -3 tablespoons fresh lime juice (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt (to taste) or 1 teaspoon sea salt (to taste)
- Place everything in a bowl, toss well and serve.
- This salsa can be prepared up to 12 hours in advance, just cover and refrigerate.
This is my FAVE Pico De Gallo Recipe, TRUE!<br/>Am a BIG fan of Pati's Mexican table and follow her blog too!<br/>Made this for AUS/NZ May Swap<br/>WHOO HOO!