Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Fresh salsa. this can be used on so many things. I use it on tacos, as a dip, on taco potatoes, etc.
- 8 roma tomatoes, finely diced
- 1 bunch green onion, thinly sliced
- 3 jalapeno peppers, finely diced
- 1 cubanelle pepper, finely diced
- 1 anaheim chili, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon (Maggi powder)
- 2 ounces lime juice
- 2 tablespoons dried cilantro
- Dissolve chicken bullion in heated lime juice.
- Add all ingredients together and toss. The longer it sets, the better the flavors blend. The bullion, lime juice and cilantro measurements are estimated. Adjust to your own tastes.
- Optional: Depending on how hot you like it, you may add 1/2 to 1 extremely finely chopped habanero or bonnet pepper. **Use caution when working with the peppers or you will regret it later. Try to use gloves.
Delicious! I have to admit that I was intrigued by this recipe because I've never seen chicken bouillon used in pico de gallo. Also, I liked that it used several kinds of chile peppers (not just jalapeno). We loved it!! I used roma tomatoes and chile peppers from my garden. I didn't grow cubanelles, so I used a banana pepper instead. Also, I don't care for dried cilantro, so I used approx. 4 TBSP. of chopped, fresh cilantro. I seved this on chicken fajitas and my family gave it 2-thumbs up. Thank you for sharing this wonderful, easy recipe...it is definitely a keeper!! *Made for New Kids on the Block Tag*