Recipe by wildheart
This fresh salsa is sometimes known as 'tale of the rooster'. I think it must be because of the lovely colors. You can vary the hottness of this receipe by adding more jalepenos or less, but this is, by definition, a VERY hot salsa.
- 7 jalapenos
- 7 roma tomatoes
- 1⁄2 large onion
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 dash salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Coarsely chop the jalepenos (food processor is best).
- Add the onion; coarsely chop.
- Leave the jalepenos and onions in the bowl.
- Cut each tomato into four pieces and chop.
- Pour into bowl; stir in seasonings.
- Chill at least two hours before serving; overnight is better.
- Before serving, pour off liquid.
- Liquid can be used to season Mexican dishes.