Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
The "Rooster's Beak".
- 5 medium tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 5 green onions, finely chopped
- 4 jalapenos, seeded and minced (to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper (to taste)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Serve with chips, fajitas, or other Mexican entrees.
I came across this recipe by accident but after reading it, decided to try it and it was delicious! The flavor combination went very well with burritos I made last night. I cut back on the jalapenos since DW doesn't care for too much 'heat' and I increased the garlic to 4 cloves since I'm addicted to the stuff. Thanks Sue L - this one's a keeper!
Tasted good. We like a bit more spice, so we left the seeds in. Needed more onion flavor though.
My best friend took this recipe home with her after trying it today!! I was afraid to add all of the jalapenos, four seemed a little extreme and after removing the seeds from one pepper, my nose and throat said it was enough... next time, my husband will probably be recruited to remove the seeds and mince one or two more!!!! One wasn't enough when it came to being able to tast it, but it was still delicious!