Recipe by Miss Annie
This is a superb salsa fresca, best when made with fresh fully-ripe tomatoes. It is usually served with fajitas, but it works well with other dishes. Literally translated as "beak of the rooster". From the Jamison's book Texas Home Cooking.
Top Review by spatchcock
YUM! I love pico and this is a good recipe. I've had pico with bell peppers in restaurants before, and it works REALLY well in this recipe! I used kosher salt and also added a bit of freshly ground black pepper. Thanks for the recipe!
- 3 small ripe tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄2 red bell peppers or 1⁄2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup tomato juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 3 -4 fresh jalapenos, minced
- 1⁄2 lime, juice of
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, or to taste