Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This salsa has a clean, fresh taste and can be made as hot as desired simply by adding more chile. Serve it as an accompaniment to fajitas or with fish, chicken or even scrambled eggs.
- 3 small ripe tomatoes, cored seeded and chopped
- 1 -2 large red onion, chopped
- 1 bunch scallion, chopped (white and light green parts only)
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup fresh coriander, chopped (cilantro)
- 3 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped (Be careful not to burn hands or eyes)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight to allow flavors to develop.
- Serve at room temperature or slightly cooled.