Recipe by Galley Wench
I developed this version of pico de gallo out of desperation . . . shortage of fresh vegetables. So instead of making guacamole and pico de gallo, I combined the two! Now it's our favorite.
Top Review by Stacky5
This was absolutely my exact choice of what I always wished Pico De Gallo tasted like.... I adored this version --- it was just like what I would have chosen myself, if I had to gumption to come up with a new recipe to "retire" the old and boring ones I've tried over and again. Well done! One of my new favorites, that I've added to my own cookbook. Thanks!
- 1 cup diced fresh tomato
- 1⁄2 cup diced sweet onion
- 1⁄2 cup diced poblano pepper
- 1 garlic clove (pressed)
- 1⁄4 cup diced red pepper (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup diced avocado
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (drizzle on avocado)
- 1 minced jalapeno, really kicks it up
- 1⁄2 cup black beans (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup whole sweet corn (optional)