Prep 2 hrs
Cook 0 mins
This mixture goes great on tacos or as a salsa.
- 16 small plum tomatoes, diced
- 8 ounces red onions, small diced
- 6 jalapenos, finely chopped
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup cilantro, washed and chopped
- 6 ounces vegetable oil
- 6 ounces red wine vinegar
- Mix tomatoes, onions, jalapenos, and garlic.
- Add oil and vinegar.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Let sit at least an hour before service so flavors can blend.
This is a fantastic recipe. I served it over fish tonight and it received rave reviews...I am also thinking that it is the recipe that they serve in Mexican restaurants with carrots. I will add more jalapenos, cook the carrots a little, and put a little oregano into the mixture. I will leave out the plum tomatoes. I have looked for something like this for ages. Thanks for a wonderful recipe
This is wonderful on anything!! I make it with lemon or lime in place of the vinegar( just personal preference). Not many people make it with the oil, to me, that is the secret to getting the flavors to blend
I used white onions and only 3 of the peppers. Very good salsa. TFS