Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe come from the Picnic Cafe in Nashville, TN. They are famous for this tea punch! This recipe is easy to double or even quadruple for large crowds.
- 8 cups water, divided
- 1 family size tea bag
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- lemon slice, for garnish,if desired
- mint sprig, for garnish,if desired
- Bring 4 cups water to a boil in medium saucepan.
- Remove from heat.
- Add tea bag and cinnamon stick, and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Remove tea bag.
- Add sugar and stir until dissolved.
- Stir in orange juice and lemonade concentrates.
- Pour mixture into pitcher, and add remaining 4 cups water.
- Serve over ice and garnish with lemon slices and mint sprigs if desired.
I thought this was going to taste more like fruit punch, but the tea reallly comes through. I used splenda to sweeten it. I'll definitely make this often - nice change from plain old tea. Thanks for sharing your recipe.
I love this tea...it is quick, easy and very flavorful, a nice change from plain ice tea. Pefect for a summer lunch.
I've been making this alot since I found this recipe. Taking 5 gallons of it to family reunion per request of a cousin who has tried it and LOVES it. Thanks for sharing.