Recipe by Lvs2Cook
The name says it all! Easy to take on a picnic or a car trip. Use your favorite deli meats. Plan ahead as this must chill in the refrigerator for several hours.
- 1 loaf unsliced sourdough bread, approx. 14x16 inches
- 1⁄2 cup prepared Italian dressing
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped peeled cucumber
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced scallions
- 4 ounces thinly sliced swiss cheese
- 9 ounces thinly sliced deli turkey
- 12 slices salami (thin slices)
- 3 thinly sliced red onion rings, separated
- 12 thinly sliced green pepper rings
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut 1 inch from the top of the bread with a serrated knife, reserving the top.
- Removed the soft center, leaving about 1/2 inch shell.
- Mix the vinaigrette, cucumber, tomato, scallions in a bowl.
- Spread 1/2 of the veggie mixture in the bread shell.
- Layer the cheese, turkey, salami, red onion rings, bell pepper rings over the veggie mixture.
- Top with the remaining veggie mixture.
- Replace the bread top.
- Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and then wrap tightly in foil.
- Chill 3 to 24 hours.
- Unwrap and cut into slices to serve.