Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A healthful snack, light meal, or appetizer--perfect packed in the picnic basket or cooler to take along on picnics or outings in the countryside. Serve in lettuce cups, spread onto whole wheat crackers, stuff into whole wheat pita bread pockets, or eat as is. My DH really enjoys this salad, and prefers to "kick it up a notch" with extra cayenne. The recipe as written is meant to have only a subtle "kick", but you may increase or decrease the amount of cayenne to suit. Note: I like to make this dip several hours in advance, to allow the flavors to mingle. Enjoy!
- 1 medium cucumber
- 6 radishes
- 4 green onions
- 2 cups cream-style cottage cheese
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 dash red cayenne pepper (to taste)
- lettuce cup (optional)
- Cut cucumber lengthwise into fourths, then into 1 1/2-inch pieces. Cut radishes into halves and onions into 1 1/2-inch pieces.
- Place vegetables in blender container; add enough water to cover. Cover and blend on high speed until finely chopped; drain completely. (Can use the food processor, or vegetables can be finely chopped by hand).
- Mix cottage cheese, sour cream, salt, pepper and red pepper; stir in vegetables.
- Note: I like to cover and refrigerate for several hours to let the flavors blend.
- Spoon into lettuce cups and, if desired, garnish with sliced ripe olives. Also good on wheat crackers or in pita pockets.
- Makes 6 to 8 servings.
I really enjoyed this recipe! I halved the recipe for just me for lunch today. I added alittle diced celery along with the rest of the veggies which I just diced up and lefted to give a crunchy texture and used over shredded lettuce. I love the flavor and the cayenne gives a nice touch. Thanks so much for sharing this delicious recipe!
the recepies seems ok to me, feel free to see it yourself