Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A colorful pasta salad, it works great for picnics and BBQ's. Easy to throw together in a moments notice. It's one of those salads that taste even better days after being made.
- 4 cups cooked pasta, drained and rinsed in cold water (I like the multi-color variety for visual effect)
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies, drained
- 1 cup sweet corn (frozen or canned)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2⁄3 cup picante sauce or 2⁄3 cup salsa
- 1⁄2 cup sliced black olives (optional)
- In salad bowl, combine pasta, onions, tomato, chilies, corn, cilantro, lime juice, salsa, and olives.
- Stir to blend.
- Add enough mayo to coat ingredients.
- Refrigerate a couple of hours before serving.
This was an easy and tasty salad. Not the group fav, but it still went pretty well. Thanks!
I found this while I was looking for a recipe to take to a work picnic. I really didn't know how I was going to feel about mayo and salsa together, but I thought this looked so easy cheap and quick that I couldn't pass it up, and I'm really glad I didn't! I got a lot of compliments, and I'm glad that I set some back for us to eat at home because we really enjoyed this! Thanks for posting!
I took this zesty salad to a neighborhood picnic and it was soon GONE! Easy to make and delicious! I used canned diced tomatoes w/green chilies and it worked well. Thanks for posting.