Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
In '1,000 Lowfat Recipes' by Terry Blonder Golson
Make and share this Picnic Potato Salad With Relish and Eggs recipe from Food.com.
- 3 lbs waxy potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces (red or white skinned)
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2⁄3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 6 scallions, sliced
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, 2 yolks discarded
- 3 tablespoons pickle relish
- paprika, for garnish
- Steam the potatoes until fork tender; drain in a colander and let cool.
- Whisk together the celery seed, lemon juice, mayonnaise, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco sauce, salt, and pepper.
- Stir into the potatoes.
- Chop the eggs and toss in with the scallions and celery.
- Garnish with paprika, if desired.
- Refrigerate several hours before serving.