Prep 1 hr
Cook 30 mins
In ‘Williams-Sonoma: Picnics and Tailgates’
- 3 lbs new potatoes
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 celery ribs, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 2 teaspoons celery seeds
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, plus sprigs for garnish
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- white pepper
- Place the potatoes in a large pot with water to cover.
- Bring to a boil, decrease heat to medium, cook, uncovered, until tender but slightly resistant when pierced, about 30 minutes.
- Drain and let cool; do not peel.
- Cut into 1 ½ inch pieces and place in a bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, celery, green onion, celery seeds, chopped parsley, eggs, mustard, and salt and pepper to taste; mix well.
- Pour the dressing over the potatoes and toss to coat.
- Taste and adjust the seasonings.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or for up to 8 hours.
- Transfer the salad to a transportable serving bowl and garnish with parsley sprigs.
- Cover and keep chilled until ready to serve.