Recipe by foodtvfan
This potato salad doesn't have any mayonnaise and is great for a picnic because it keeps well. Good with burgers or steak or whatever else you like on the barbecue. Leftovers keep well in the fridge for a couple of days if you have any. For my vegetarian friends I leave out the meat. Posted in response to a request.
Top Review by Annacia
Just finished making this in a half amount before the heat of the day really sets in and, of course, had to sample. Yum! I used veggie pepperoni in it and (for me) that is excellent and a lot healthier. I'll be taking some of this to work for lunch today and there is plenty left in the fridge for tonight :D
- 2 1⁄2 lbs new potatoes (10 medium)
- 10 large radishes, thinly sliced
- 2 celery ribs, finely diced
- 6 green onions, chopped or 1⁄2 sweet onion, finely chopped
- 1 red pepper (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup pepperoni, finely chopped (optional) or 1⁄2 cup kielbasa, chopped (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar (or to taste)
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Scrub potatoes. Cut in half if large.
- In a saucepan, cover potatoes with cold water, bring to a boil, cook for 10 to 15 minutes or just until tender but not mushy.
- Drain; return potatoes to pot to dry over low heat for 30 seconds.
- Arrange in a single layer on a cookie sheet (or any platter or dish to hold potatoes in a single layer)to allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, trim and cut radishes in half. With flat sides down, thinly slice radishes and place in large bowl.
- Add finely diced celery and chopped green onions or sweet onion to bowl.
- Add red or green pepper and finely chopped pepperoni or kielbasa if using.
- Peel cooled potatoes.
- Cut potatoes into 3/4 inch cubes or 1/4ï¿½ slices. Add to veggies in the bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, mustard, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Gradually whisk in oil until blended.
- Stir in parsley, if using.
- Pour dressing over potato mixture.
- Gently toss to coat well.
- Taste and adjust seasonings.