Prep 2 hrs
Cook 12 mins
A Caesar pasta salad with lots of fresh veggies, chicken, and cheese. Very tasty and hearty. Easy to put together, especially if you use a rotisserie chicken. Is a meal in itself. Requested for any warm weather get-together. No mayo, so it keeps better on warm days. Is easily doubled for a crowd.
- 1 lb pasta, cooked and rinsed
- 1 cup caesar salad dressing (I use Newman's Own light)
- 1 cup cooked chicken, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 chopped yellow pepper
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1⁄2 cup chopped roasted red pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped scallion
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, cubed
- Toss all ingredients together.
- Chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Taste before serving and add more Caesar dressing and parmesan to tastes.
Fabulous salad in no time and with almost no effort, just a little chopping. This salad is worthy of the parmesan reggiano. Only change I made was to use 1/2 the pasta, dressing and cheese with the full measure of the vegetables.