Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a fun, light addition that neighborhood barbecue that doesn't require a lot of preparation. We used to bring around the whole neighborhood when I was a kid. Not sure where we got it from but thought I let you all give it a try!
- 4 cups penne rigate, uncooked*
- 2 cups chopped fresh tomatoes
- 1 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1⁄4 lb sliced deli ham (cut into strips)
- 1⁄4 lb sliced deli salami (cut into strips)
- 1⁄4 lb provolone cheese (cut into cubes) or 1⁄4 lb mozzarella cheese (cut into cubes)
- 3⁄4 cup sliced pimento stuffed olive
- 3⁄4 cup sliced celery
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh garlic
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
- Cook pasta according to directions.
- Drain well and rinse with cold water to cool.
- Drain well.
- In large bowl, toss cooled pasta and remaining ingredients.
- Cover and refrigerate.
Made this up for a last minute potluck dish & it was refreshingly tasty! I did increase the amount of tomato by 1/2 cup, the celery by another 1/4 cup & the garlic by another whole clove! A very nice side dish! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this Spring's Pick-A-Chef]