Prep 2 hrs
Cook 1 hr
I got this recipe from my Mother-in-law. This is by far the best potato salad I've ever had! I believe she got it from a very good family friend. This is always a staple at any summertime gathering. It goes fast! Times are approximate.
- 5 lbs red potatoes
- 1 cup sliced green onion
- 1⁄2 cup Italian dressing
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup mustard
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups sliced celery
- 9 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and diced (4 in salad, rest for garnish on top)
- 1⁄2 cup dill pickle relish
- Dice potatoes. Cook until tender; drain.
- Put into large bowl.
- Add onions and Italian dressing; toss to coat.
- Cover and chill at least 1 hour.
- Combine mayonnaise, mustard and salt in small bowl; pour over potatoes; toss to coat.
- Add celery, eggs and relish; toss lightly.
- Slice remaining eggs.
- Garnish top of salad.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
Lovely salad ! I halved the amount and especially loved the crunch of the celery - great addition !
This potato salad would be the highlight of any meal. Totally and absolutely fabulous. I halved the recipe and had to substitute the dill pickle relish for zucchini relish as I couldn't find a dill pickle relish in any of the local supermarkets. I don't think this small change had any substantial effect on the final result. Thank you so much for posting your MIL's recipe Chef. Made for Aussie / Kiwi Swap 39, April 2010.
This is such a wonderful potato salad. I halfed the recipe but followed all else exactly. Great flavours, so easy and just fantastic! Hust so simple and so great a taste to this salad. The family loved it. Thanks Chef on the coas for another keeper.