Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a great make-ahead zesty picnic dish that will please EVERYONE and go with any MEAT DISH! You can alter the ingredients to your personal taste--but here's the basics. I found it in Taste of Home and made a few alterations to our tastes.
- 1 (16 ounce) package shell pasta (other pasta can be used)
- 1⁄4 lb hard salami, cubed
- 1⁄4 lb sliced pepperoni, halved
- 4 ounces provolone cheese, cubed
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 4 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1⁄2 cup sliced stuffed olives
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle Italian salad dressing (of your choice)
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano (+/-)
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- First, pour yourself a SMALL glass of a good red wine for your effort and enjoyment in preparing this delicatable salad.
- Next, cook the pasta, el dente; rinse in cold water and drain.
- Place in large bowl and add salami, pepperoni, provolone, vegies and olives.
- Add salad dressing, spices and parmesan cheese; toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate a minimum of 6 hours but best overnight.
I don't drink so I couldn't follow step one. LOL This does take some preparation time but what anti-pasta salad doesn't. This was a fantastic side dish. I highly recommend this pasta salad for any group gathering. It makes a lot. Served it with Recipe #82875 Horseradish Burgers.